Hayden Panettiere's Involvement In Dolphin Slaughter Sparks Petition

Hayden Panettiere's involvement in exposing the thousands of dolphins killed each year at the notorious killing cove in Taiji Japan has sparked our online petition that has a goal of delivering 2,000,000 signatures to the Japanese Embassy in the US, the United States Congress, the United Nations, among other high profile government and environmental organizations. Also to the grocery store chain in Japan that is selling the dolphin meat.

An estimated 25,000 dolphins and porpoises each year are slaughtered by Japanese fishermen, either harvested for their meat in annual drives or captured for sale to marine and captive swim parks.

Please view the following video before continuing to the petition:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/video/videoplayer/0,,31200-1291065,00.html

Click Here to go to the Petition Page.

2 comments:

im1star4u said...

So glad to see this petition! My daughter and I saw the film clip of this on ET and our hearts went out! My daughter asked, "how come they can do this, they are so innocent and I can't believe they could do that, how can we make them stop!" Very glad to see this petition to save the dolphins! I'm praying we can all help in this effort to stop this senseless slaughtering! Blessings~Mary Jo & Mackenzie

Unknown said...

While I agree with you in regards of how graphical the clip is, I dont see any reason why we need to jump over this issue as many cows and other "cute" looking animals are being consume by us. I love chicken when I was a little girl and i even have a rooster in oklahoma as my pet, still does not stop people from eating chicken